Thursday, January 10

Which one, A or B or maybe C?



Bismillah
Assalamualaikum wbt

Well since I haven’t been writing in decades. I'm gonna throw to you a bundle of posts today. *I don’t even know whose bother to read this* but, hope you find this entertaining and useful.

I still remember this one particular question. An IQ question on making the right choice. A teacher once mentioned it and we kept on passing it around the school. With high hope, to expect this kind of question would be asked in interview for scholarships. Did they? *Narh! They never did*

Credit: Tumblr.com
You’re driving alone in a 2 seated Mercedes on a dessert with sun shining brightly on your head. *Don’t ask me why it is on dessert despite it sound illogic*. Abruptly, you came across three persons stranded in the middle of nowhere that obviously needed your aid, a beautiful lady, an injured guy and a close friend of your father. You can only carry one. Who would you choose? *end*

Well, making a choice is not easy. It is harder if we get confused between the good one, better and which one is the best? One wrong move, you will lose it, maybe forever. In economic term we called it opportunity cost. *Wow, at last my econs is coming handy*simply means sacrificing one for another.

Islamically speaking,

Do we ever wonder, in Islam, if everything has been written in Lauh Mahfuz, *a book where fate of every mankind has been written since his/her birth* why Allah still allows us to make choices in life?
Would it against fate if we made another choice?

It is common to say, life is all about choices. If you choose to be a thief, then a thief will you be. If you choose to be an engineer, an engineer will you be then. *I wanted to be an accountant, FYI if you guys are wondering, if not, nevermind...*

Credit: Google image
He is unfair for writing his fate as a burglar or a serial killer?

*I’m not an expert in answering these actually, I’ll call someone else*

“Oh, no mate. Never, we aren’t a robot” my friend spoke.

“He made you choose but you will never overrule the written fate. You are not reading this because it has been written, because you choose to. You can stop reading now and never come back. I’m not gonna stop you.” He added.

One slip of Nescafe went down my throat.

“Can I’ve some mate, a bit thirsty here”

“Oh sorry, where’s my manner lol” I quickly handed him a glass of teh tarik. His favourite.

“Where were we? Oh yes. You see your choice and what was written is matching.”

“How come He know what I gonna choose instantly, I might change my mind in the last minute” I asked as he was enjoying the warm teh tarik.

“He is God. Of couse He knows everything. His knowledge covers everything even before you are born. He knows what you gonna choose. So it is not his fault if you chose to be some bad guy, killing or robbing others. You had the choice initially. 
I nodded.

“So, in life how do I know I’ve made the right choice?” I asked again

“He provided you with the manual, the Quran. He gave you Prophet to bring blessing and warnings. He left you with sunnah. All these are the source and roots in making choices, orite?” He smiled.
“Orite, cheers mate!” I watched him finished his last drop.

*Oh Allah, please guide me in making the best and right decision*

If it is still unclear, please ask or refer to more complete sources. Eg. Hadis 4 imam Nawawi.

And the answer to that IQ question, you decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment