Tuesday, December 20

Hardship to cherish



I believe everyone has incredible and inspiring stories to tell and hoping there is someone to listen to. Stories about courage, hardship, survival and truly they are memorable and worth to be listened to.

It was my dream to go to an island and have a great time there. Yet, I never expected it would ever come true. I went for kayaking around the Pangkor Island under the hot blazing sun for 5 hours, jungle trekking climbing up 3 hills in Pangkor within 2 days while carrying a massive bag in my back, plus all the leeches that were hungry for blood, camping beside the beach for two nights, hardly starting up fire for cooking, struggling in setting up the tent...all these I did together with my other 13 companions in Out Bound School (OBS) in Lumut. Who could ever believe we were able to accomplish all these, honestly it was tiring and hard, yet we proved that nothing is impossible.

I have never been to the open sea before, but during kayaking I was very near to the edge of the water. I could see that the water was green, it was deep, wavy and I could feel it was cold, and the sand was white, seeing sea cucumber and jellyfish for the first time...it was really a magnificent experience.
Jungle trekking and climbing hills were really really tough and tiring. It was hard if you have to climb at the same time carrying a huge load on your back. The hills were steep and slippery beside habituated by lots of leeches. But, reaching the top was a gratifying moment. Somehow, walking down was not as easy as expected, it was slippery and it was getting dark.

Truly, it was not the destination that was crucial, but the journey.

Undoubtedly, there is no easy way to gain something we want. Some may already give up when they do not get whatever wants the most and hoping that things will be getting better by itself, naturally. Sadly, that is not happening. Ultimately, we are the one who feel sad and in grieve. I believe we have to give a bash despite we may feel that it is not really giving any effects, yet bit by bit may eventually blooming a good result. Perhaps keep on trying is better that giving up easily. There is no easy path to gain something, we may have to wade obstacles along the way, we may fall sometimes, yet we need the strength to go back up again, we may feel disappointed....but we must believe something better will happen eventually.

We made it!

We conquered those hills!

OBS rocks!

The hall!so nostalgic...

It was really a wonderful and memorable experience. I was able to tie a new friendship; meeting with my old friends from Sunway...I really miss them a lot. May we see each other again one day.

I got the Ob spirit, up in my head
Deep in my heart, down in my knee
I got the OB spirit all over me, all over me
All over me, today eh...eh


Hopefully we will be somebody in the future.





2 comments: