Sunday, November 6

Learning to be a better person



Someone may ask you, college life compared to high school life, which one is better?

Me? The best of high school life was during the 3 weeks of SPM period. That was the time; I was really closed to my friends. We had all the freedoms that anyone in a boarding school would look forward to. No long schooling hours, stayed up late, release tension by swimming in the forbidden swimming pool, that initiated me to learn how to swim.. first time celebrating Hari Raya Haji together, coz the raya was in the middle of exam week, went out at night without permission...well some were caught, despite we were in the midst of SPM, I could hardly feel any tension or distress. Yet, the sad part was to say goodbye.....

But, college life is lots more exciting, fun, new, different, adventurous, inspiring and memorable. I may not have the desire to seek any freedom as I’m free to do whatever I want yet, college life thought me a lot of stuffs. Mingling with a broadly diversified people, wading variety of hard circumstances, experiencing lots of sad and joyous times, discovering great friends.. these added colours to my dull life. Initially, I was really a shy and timing person when came to mingling and mixing around, yet Alhamdulillah all the nightmares were not as bad as before.

In life we have a lot of ups and downs, but never give up.
....................................................................

 “I always think that we should not be too happy in life. I presume that too much laughter, cause us to forget who we really are. We may tend to do something wrong or hurt someone else. Yet, in the contrary, being sad may remind us to the extent of our
limit. However, I think this is a wrong principle, I guess.... isn't it?”

Someone taught me....

In life we should be spreading love and hope. Put God at the first place, others second and yourself afterwards. Your friends or even those who are close to you may feel despair or losing hope and even sad sometimes, try to put yourself in their shoes, be a good listener or console them. Tell them whatever you wanna hear if you are in their position. 
If you can’t, your present there is sufficient to indicate that you are care.

Some may afraid that by putting other before oneself, is not a win-win situation. Perhaps we are the one crawling on the floor gasping for hope and no one care, yet that surely will not gonna happen. I’ve seen those who inspiring others are the one that the others care most. This may sound really hard and seem like a huge accountability, but there is no harm of trying right?

Try to accept others just the way they are. We may hate someone coz they are annoying, irritating or any other reasons. Yet, in fact we are imperfect. That are their weaknesses, and we also have ours. If you want others to accept your weakness, why you cannot do the same? It seems unfair. Try not to start hatred in your heart. I know it may seem really hard; indeed it is... it is best if you can evade it. Indeed, I also hated someone and frequently I tried to avoid him, tried not to eat with him, be around him....but he kept on showing up. So, I know how it feels to love someone that you hate.


But, I’m learning to be a better person.

I’m learning to be closer to You

I’m learning to put hatred aside

I’m learning to put myself in other’s shoes

I’m learning to avoid sadness and despair 

I’m learning to appreciate others


I’m learning to love others

I’m learning to show care and concern

I’m learning to communicate easily



I’m learning to be grateful

I’m learning to accept others just the way they are

I’m learning to stop being jealous

I’m learning to heal myself

I’m learning to abandon bad habits

I’m learning to cheer up others

I’m learning to built long lasting friendship

I’m learning to be more discipline

I’m learning to learn from mistake

I’m learning not to judge people

I’m learning to share

I’m learning to explain what I’m feeling

I’m learning to light up hope in myself

I’m learning to be myself

I'm learning to smile

I'm learning to be positive



I’m learning to be abstinence

I’m learning to be more careful to whom I’m lending my money! haha

I’m learning to flee

I’m learning to be like you.... And till now, I’m still learning...

Dear Friend,
Every time I hold you I begin to understand, that everything about you tells me you're my best friend. I believe there is no distance too far between best friends, for friendship gives wings to the heart. 


Healing, a simple act of kindness brings such meaning

A smile can change a life let’s start believing
And feeling, let’s start healing

Heal and you will be healed
Break every border

Give and you will receive
Hearts in the hand of another heart and in God’s hand are all hearts

An eye takes care of another eye and from God’s eye nothing hides
Seek only to give and you’ll receive
So, heal and you will be healed



No comments:

Post a Comment