Friday, February 10

A tadpoles’ story


Look at the sky, how great He is

It was a quiet Monday evening, I was very bored staying at home doing nothing. So, I started walking around the house, looking for something interesting. However, I didn’t realise that I was walking on dried and devastated soil of paddy field. There were cracks on the ground as if it was hit by severe drought. But, I continued walking towards the “palong”-that was what we used to call it.

I came across a small pot of muddy water in the midst of drying field. Subtlety, I could see a medium size of a fish-Ikan Haruan swimming in it. I remembered my childhood age, together with my brother catching fish in the paddy field, it was worthy. We would usually be walking back with smiles hovering on our faces, caring tonnes of fish home. It was a gratifying satisfaction looking at the fish that we caught and comparing their sizes. I spend the last 10 minutes, tried to catch it-yet I failed, proven my skills were no longer as good as before. So, I continued walking.

On my way back, I encountered another drying pot of water. Swimming in it was a countless number of tadpoles, individually dark in colour-they were still very young indeed. They were stranded in a small drying pond, with limited water and limited space to swim. Not far from them, was another group of tadpoles, yet there was no water left. They were like a wrinkled big dot, and I could see white spot on their back-the mud that had already dried. Apparently, they had died. I felt sad for a moment.

“Everything is worth trying” I saw an old yet small plastic bag-half of it was buried in the soil. Filled it with water and pour it onto the dried soil. Amazingly, the tadpoles started moving-some were swimming. I smiled-nature was really unpredictable.

Today we may be stranded in a strange and new place, maybe facing a new culture and adventure. Yet, curve in your heart and tape in your mind; we are capable doing what we never expect we can, we can swiftly adapt to new culture and we can survive even in horrific disaster....we just need to give a bash and believe in faith.

That night it rained heavily, cats and dogs what people usually described it, and I knew they would definitely be fine.

I knew you also would... Inshaallah :)

Palong~the epic irrigation system

The dried land, something coming out of it

The tadpoles, can't really see it clearly..

That's for now..

No comments:

Post a Comment